Given the recent events and the various announcements in regards to COVID-19, we want to ensure our staff and customers that your safety and well-being is our highest priority, and we are taking a number of preventative measures to ensure the health and safety of all.
At this point in time, we will continue to open our offices until otherwise advised. We have put precautionary measures in place to ensure a safe environment for all our staff, however as of the 23rd March 2020 our staff will be working split shifts at work and home.
This is a logical and appropriate response to the developing situation. This will help minimise groups working together whilst at the same time looking after our client’s needs.
Email and mobile contacts will always remain the same as always, and are found under the Menu, Offices tab, selecting your Location. Click here to be directed to the Offices tab.
As we are still partially open, the following guidelines have been put in place for all offices Australia-wide:
1. Staff will be required to work from home and seek medical advice if feeling unwell.
2. At this point in time, no face-to-face Insurance Review meetings will take place unless absolutely necessary. We would prefer to hold these meetings via phone or video-link. This is to ensure the safety of not only our staff but clients too.
3. Cleaning processes have been upgraded, including wiping down surfaces regularly and having a supply of anti-bacterial soap and hand sanitizer throughout all offices.
4. All staff who have recently returned from overseas will remain at home in self-isolation.
5. We ask that clients please refrain from coming into the office during this time, and encourage you to utilise other methods of making payment for your policies. The options include BPay, Cheque via post or you can also pay our invoice at your local Post Office, in the same manner you would pay for your utility bills.
6. All desks are to be spaced at a reasonable distance between each other to avoid person-to-person contact, as well as alternating staff in the office and at home to avoid large group gatherings.
We appreciate your ongoing support at this time and promise to deliver exceptional Advice, Solutions and Service as always. We will continue to monitor this situation and will place updates on our website as required.
We wish you all health and safety during these trying times. Please check on your loved ones, keep up to date with accurate news, practice good hygeine and above all else look after each other. We are Australian, and if nothing else we are resilient. We will get through this crisis together. We are one, but we are many.
A P (Tony) McCormick
Managing Director, McCormick Harris Insurance Group
"I have been operating as an AR with McCormick Harris since late 2005. Prior to that I was a Responsible Officer for a brokerage with all the laborious tasks of maintaining a licence. The relationship with the McCormick Harris team has developed significantly over that time, and all of us in the Sydney office feel part of the organisation without losing our independence of operating a well respected brokerage. The only thing missing are the compliance requirements that need ongoing attention."- Joe Gemmola Director of Zedcora Pty Ltd since 2005